Adamo Macri
Zoophily

"It's a touch Diaghilev and the Ballets Russes!"
~ Phillip Wilcher (Australian composer and pianist)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"A portrait reminiscent of a satyr or bird, or, as some have noted, of either Nijinsky or Nureyev suitably costumed to dance in L’Après-midi d’un Faune, Zoophily also evinces a triangular structure. The stylized horn on the head and other “natural” elements in the portrait remind me of Two Satyrs, a painting by Peter Paul Rubens; but Macri boldly crosses the boundaries of gender and species in this and other portraits. The longer I look, the more enraptured I become, a word I use advisedly. I am seized and carried aloft by a mythical bird, or elevated to a strange kind of heaven by the feathered Aztec god, Quetzalcoatl."
~ Kenneth Radu (Alternative Waters: a Personal View of Recent Macri Portraits)


Zoophily, 2013
Photography: Chromogenic C-print
46 x 46 cm
Edition: 4